Monday, September 19, 2016

Transfers! Wow!

This week has been a little crazy! On Tuesday and Wednesday we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. On Friday we saw Marsha. I love Marsha and how happy she is! She had read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon but was having a hard time finding the teachings of Jesus Christ in it, so we helped her to see how the Book of Mormon is full of His teachings and testifies of Him and His Atonement. The spirit was very present as Sister Stephens and I bore to her our testimonies of the Book of Mormon. Her heart was softened and she said she would be willing to read more and find out for herself if it is true. I love the Book of Mormon! Along with the spirit, it is our most powerful resource in helping others become converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

On Saturday we received a call from President Smith with the sad news that Sister Stephens is going to be leaving Fort Walton, but the exciting news that she is going to be a head Sister Training Leader in Tallahassee and that I will be training a brand new missionary here in Fort Walton! Wowwee! I was surprised, then scared, then very humbled, and now I am excited! I'm really sad that Sister Stephens will be leaving- she has taught me so much and we have had so many fun and spiritual experiences together- but I am really excited for this opportunity to learn and grow as I do my best to train this new sister. I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing sometimes, but I know that God knows exactly what He's doing. I kind of feel like a deer in headlights, but I know that God qualifies those He calls! I trust that as I do my best and rely on Him, He will help me to be the kind of trainer that He wants me to be. We leave Tuesday afternoon to drive to Tallahassee, and on Wednesday morning I'll pick up the new sister! 

Sorry this is short- we have a lot of people to see this evening as everyone wants to say goodbye to Sister Stephens. :) I love you all! 
 
 
Such sweet mission companions

No comments:

Post a Comment