Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!


It's been a wonderful week! On Monday we had dinner with the Mathews- they made a Utah dinner especially for me, since they're from Utah, too. :) We had chicken, green beans, and FUNERAL POTATOES!!! Although they were not as delicious as my Mom's, they were still very yummy and brought back many wonderful memories of being with my family.

Tuesday, we had an incredibly powerful lesson with Marlyse! She said she had loved church, and that her favorite thing was how happy everyone was- just like her! She felt right at home! She loved the message of the Restoration, and shared with us some of her personal experiences. She is developing a lot of trust in us, and we already love her so much. She said she has noticed that she feels greater joy and hope since meeting with us. She is incredible! We're so blessed to teach her!

On Wednesday we took Rod on a tour of the church, with Kevin McSheehy and Brooke, who is his niece (members). It was so powerful! Sometimes I forget how sacred of a place the church building is- it is a consecrated building of the Lord and the Spirit is very present there, especially in the chapel. We showed him each of the main rooms in the building, as well as the baptismal font. Rod said he felt very comfortable and welcome there. The Spirit is so real and powerful!
That evening, the young men and young women had an etiquette dinner that we helped serve at. It was fun!

Thursday was the family history presentation and one-on-one help with the Prices! They are the senior missionary couple in our mission who travel around the panhandle giving presentations. There were two nonmembers there who I signed up at the Pow Wow! They loved it- I worked with the wife while one of the elders worked with the husband. They started talking about the gospel, and the elders have an appointment to go teach them! Talking about our families is so powerful, and the Spirit of Elijah which turns our hearts to the hearts of our ancestors is so real, and softens hearts!
Saturday, the ward held a chili cook-off and spud derby! It was awesome! We all made cars out of potatoes, put wheels and decorations on them, then raced them on a pinewood car derby track used by the cub scouts. It was wonderful, especially since Carmela came! It was so good for her to come to a ward activity.

Funny story of the week: Sister Trawick and I were walking down the sidewalk on Racetrack when I suddenly felt something hit me in the back of my knee, hard. I turned around to see what had hit me, and saw a broken egg on the sidewalk a few feet back! Someone EGGED me! I just started laughing, which Sister Trawick probably thought was really weird, but I just thought it was so funny! Especially since it didn't crack on me- that was a blessing. It actually made my day- persecution is real, the gospel is true- whoever threw it at me probably didn't think I would react that way! :)

Our mission has created a new theme: love through obedience, obedience through love. I love this! As missionaries, obedience is stressed a lot, and it is truly important so that we can have the Spirit with us which is what will convert individuals to Jesus Christ and His Gospel. We show our love for them when we obey willingly. I love you all!

 Egged...


Utah reps!!
 


Etiquette dinner



 


Sushi lunch!



Utah funeral potatoes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment